Transglobal together with Poseidon (Paceco España) developed a crane simulator, to have a gantry crane simulator for training inexperienced operators as well as experienced ones. Main goals of simulator include:
- To increase economic performance of actual cranes, since they will dedicate less working time to training periods.
- To improve operator learning curve speed.
- To have control in adverse situations.
- To improve safety conditions both for operators and cranes.
- To project quality images of the port.
- To construct an immersive environment based on “Virtual Reality” techniques which reproduces an actual port crane´s control cabin.
Operator can handle the controls, feel movement, hear sounds from operations and watch the work environment as if he were in an actual control cabin. The simulator´s cabin has actual controls and it is positioned over a mechanical system that creates a sense of motion together with visual and audio effects.
You can find out all the information about the simulator in the web page, here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.