Transglobal has developed together with Poseidon (Paceco Spain) a gantry crane simulator to train inexperienced operators, as well as experienced ones. The simulator's main objectives are
- Increasing the economic performance of the actual cranes by spending less working hours on training periods.
- Improvement of the operator's learning speed curve.
- Control in adverse situations.
- Increased safety for both operators and cranes.
- Quality image projection of the port.
- Construction of an immersive environment based on "Virtual Reality" techniques analogous to the real environment of a port crane control cabin.
The operator will manipulate the controls, feel the movements, hear sounds due to the operations being performed, and watch the work environment as if he were in a real cabin. The simulator features a cabin with real controls, located on a mechanical system that provides the feeling of movement, and a system that provides visual and audio effects.
All the simulator's data are available on its website, here.