Transglobal is the company responsible for handling the necessary elements needed to carry out lashing operations for above heavy part, which was loaded in Vigo on board an MSC vessel.
Transglobal together with Poseidon (Paceco España) developed a crane simulator, to have a gantry crane simulator for training inexperienced operators as well as experienced ones. Main goals of simulator include:
- To increase economic performance of actual cranes, since they will dedicate less working time to training periods.
- To improve operator learning curve speed.
- To have control in adverse situations.
- To improve safety conditions both for operators and cranes.
- To project quality images of the port.
- To construct an immersive environment based on “Virtual Reality” techniques which reproduces an actual port crane´s control cabin.
Operator can handle the controls, feel movement, hear sounds from operations and watch the work environment as if he were in an actual control cabin. The simulator´s cabin has actual controls and it is positioned over a mechanical system that creates a sense of motion together with visual and audio effects.
You can find out all the information about the simulator in the web page, here.
Transglobal R & D now encompasses marinas and container terminals, by developing software and hardware that optimize functioning of all the necessary operations of these types of companies and facilities.
Transglobal now includes repair service, maintenance, storage and sale of containers. It is an official maintenance company on a national level for container repair, servicing and updating for both dry and reefer containers.
Transglobal is developing the “CONTAEYENER” project, co-financed by the UE through the European Regional Development Fund; which consists of creating an optical character recognition platform for container identification, recognition of IMO sign stickers, assistance with spreader approach, leakage detection by thermal image and management systems integration.
The simulator developed by Transglobal continues its expansion. It is now able to simulate operations with all types of spreaders currently in use:
- Single-Spreader without TwinLift
- Single-Spreader with TwinLift
- Tandem-Spreader without TwinLift